Friday, March 9, 2018

Paper Weaving: Simply Me Layout and Card

Today I'm sharing a layout (and bonus card) both created with the gorgeous March main kit from My Creative Scrapbooks. For this page, and the card below, I use a favorite paper scrap technique, paper weaving.


You could use just a few chosen patterned papers, and create an orderly design with your weaving...or opt for a more freestyle look, as in the weaving I've done here.


I love the random look of these paper strips woven together. They create a fun second photo mat of sorts for my photo, which was first narrowly matted on yellow. Additional pops of yellow, flower chipboard, button, and bird sticker give the layout a happy feel.


Stickers, chipboard pieces, and die-cuts from the Simple Stories "I Am" collection are scattered around the journaling card. 


Of course, what does one do with those extra strips cut for the layout above, except continue the weaving exercise! Backing a heart cut-out, and embellished with die-cuts, a button and tag, it makes a beautiful card. 

And who doesn't love a handmade birthday card? 'Til next time...

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.