Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Going Monochromatic

After creating two pages with the colorful papers of My Creative Scrapbook's Main kit, I decided to go a different direction with the one below. After misting and splattering teal/aqua on a sheet of white cardstock, I stuck with the same color while assembling the rest of the page. 


I also used photo frames in an unexpected way, adhering them haphazardly behind my photo, instead of framing the photo in a more exact manner. I think it gives the page a more playful feel!


Die-cuts and stickers are layered with the frames, drawing the eye towards those boys in the picture.


An abundance of letter stickers on Jillibean Soup's Bowl of Dreams sticker sheet helped me to create a little crossword of sorts, using words to describe their relay and the strokes that were swum.

Although I LOVE colorful pages, it's good to mix it up a little. And going monochromatic is an easy option!

1 comment:

Jen Mc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.