Tuesday, April 11, 2017

This Is Gonna Be Fun Y'All

I have a book of his work. I have a mug. I have a flock of magnets on my fridge that are modeled off his signs. And now I have an original of my own. Actually...two!


Back in December, after Tommy had paged through Simon's colorful coffee table book, we decided to take a "field trip" to his workshop/studio in uptown New Orleans. We weren't sure what we would find! After perusing the small number of finished pieces on display (it was Christmas time and stock was low), we met Simon (French pronunciation) and decided to have him paint a sign with Famille Fox and the year we were married. We had seen similar works, ordered by other families, waiting to be picked up, and couldn't wait to have an original for our home. 

So we ordered and went off to lunch at Joey K's, an uptown eatery that displays many of Simon's overflow pieces. You can just guess what happened next: we fell in love with another of his signs and bought it right off the wall. Here it is...still on the wall. ;)



This is gonna be fun y'all!

I just got the call that our other (ordered) sign was ready. Yeah!

No comments: