Friday, August 19, 2016

Swim Cap Tricks

Yes, I have a swimmer. And because so many of our activities revolve around his swimming, I take TONS of photos around swimming pools. This in turn leads me to the never-ending search for blue scrapbook papers. Many times an aqua or pastel blue will do, but a true blue is the one I most relish. Both of Kevin's swim teams (USS and High School) have royal blue in their logo, so caps, T-shirts, swim suits and other paraphernalia often bring this color to my pictures.

The June Wipeout kit from Scraptastic Club just so happened to have a couple of fabulous royal blue papers, and I couldn't wait to use them on the layout below: 


This was a really easy page to assemble. I quadruple-matted the photo, added journaling, then used three different shades of blue for the title. 




The story behind the photo is this. Before every event, he warms up. After every event, he cools down. This one particular day, all of his events were over, and it was time to hit the road. I waited...and waited...and waited. Finally, I went to see what was going on and found him with two of his teammates playing around in the warm down pool, performing silly swim cap tricks. Of course I had to snap a picture before shooing them out of the water!

Yep, I love how the royal blue papers compliment the swim caps in my photo!

No comments: