Friday, July 29, 2016

Beautiful Day with Cake By The Ocean

A leisurely drive from the Florida beaches to home had my husband and I stopping along the Mobile Bay for a walk and an attempted selfie. Of course the photo came out wonky, but instead of trying to square it and position it right side up, I angled the picture on this layout that I created solely with the Cake By The Ocean main kit from Scraptastic Club.

The word "beautiful" in my title was made more dimensional by placing pop dots between the background sheet and die-cut word, from The Cut Shoppe's Girl Stuff cut file set. Enamel dots further highlight a few of the letters.


Yes, we were by the ocean, but no, we did not have cake. ;) We did however enjoy the beautiful day, combing the beach for shells, lounging in our chairs under the umbrella, and then driving home "the long way".



A favorite aspect of the Cake By The Ocean kit is the transparency of many of the die-cut embellishments. I had fun dressing up my layout, layering several of the die cuts at the top of the page and tucking others behind the photo. 


Wander, Happy, Love...just a few more words that describe the beautiful day we spent together. :)

Enjoy your day!

No comments: