Monday, February 29, 2016

Hey Mickey


A clear vase sits on my scrap desk, ready to hold all those little "tear strips" that I cut off the ends of my patterned papers. It had become crammed full lately, bursting with colorful 12-inch strips. I needed to put some to use, so this is what I did:


As you can see, the vase is still quite full! But at least I've made a dent. 

After weaving about four dozen of those colorful pieces, I cut a Mickey shape from cardstock and backed it with my woven matt of tear strips. Pen stitching and real stitching were added on top, along with a double matted photo from our family's trip to see the mouse.

A smattering of mist,


a Thickers chipboard title,


and a cluster of embellishments (leftovers from past Scraptastic kits) finishes it off. 


I have a few more ideas that might help me pare down that vase of strips, and I can't wait to try some of them out! 

Do you save "tear strips"? If not, and you want to try out this technique, you can always cut your own strips from patterned papers. 

1 comment:

msmith434343 said...

Oh, wow!! That came out spectacular! So awesome and full of gorgeous color! Super job.