Monday, January 25, 2016

This Moment, This Place

This time of year, when temps dip and summer clothes are relegated to the back of my closet, I like to reminisce about my favorite season and favorite place. I look forward to our beach vacation all year long. It might only be a week, but those seven days are sustaining. Here I am enjoying the warm air, sea breeze, and most of all, time with extended family.

This page is part of the Scraptastic Subscriber's Challenge for January. I was tasked with using two or more different sized photos. I chose a large photo of the beach and a smaller photo of myself. Actually the smaller photo is strategically placed to cover up a distracting part of the larger picture! 

Patterned paper rays radiate from the center of the page:


Stitching details were added around the larger photo and die-cut flower. Notice how the rays of patterned paper mimic the colorful heart flair!


Everything here (paper, cardstock, Thickers, flair, enamel heart, vellum shape, and die-cuts) are from January's Just A Girl kit and add-on from Scraptastic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Madeline, this is a happy page. I love the paper piecing and of course, the stitching. :)

msmith434343 said...

Oh, wow, I love those patterned papers! You did a great job on this and I really like that you included a picture of yourself! Great job!