Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Fall Leaves

Fall has yet to arrive in southeast Louisiana. In fact, this past weekend I was poolside at an outdoors swim meet, applying sunscreen and hiding under an umbrella. Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining.  I just had to dig a little deeper for a photo to scrap with the Leaf It To Me cut file from The Cut Shoppe. This gorgeous tree in Philadelphia, photographed years ago, fit the bill perfectly:


My page began with a maple leaf from the Leaf It To Me file, cut large from the center of a woodgrain-look paper. 


Next I pulled out patterned paper in colors ranging from golden yellow to deep russet red, decided on four, and cut the same leaf design in various (smaller) sizes. I adhered them in layers on my background sheet, added the foreground, photo, pen stitching, ink splatters, and a few embellishments:


Leftover leaves were adhered along the perimeter:


And the Tall Type cut file, was used to create a simple title:


Before cutting from the dark, woodgrain-look paper, I had my digital cutting program remove the center pieces from the letters. Afterwards, I fashioned each into into a small notched flag and backed with patterned papers:


Supplies: Patterned paper-American Crafts, Simple Stories, Basic Grey. Stickers-Simple Stories. Flair badge-Studio Calico. Mist-Heidi Swapp, Maya Road.

Happy Fall!



1 comment:

Sunshine and Shadows said...

I love the colors - this is so beautiful.