Monday, September 21, 2015

The Scientist-An Oversized Element Challenge

A few years ago my son participated in his school's Science Fair for the first time, and was thrilled to learn his project had been awarded an Honorable Mention ribbon! I used a few stars on this page to highlight his success.

This layout was also created as an example for the Scraptastic Thursday challenge-to use an oversized element. The oversized element on this page is the star-bordered journaling block cut file from Scraptastic's This Life Noted kit for September. I enlarged the cut file to act as a photo mat for the photo trio of my scientist at work. 


Here are a couple of closeups: 



I enjoyed having the opportunity to use the eyeglasses diecut, since he still had glasses at the time these photos were taken. Two years later and he's replaced them with contacts!

Patterned papers and die-cuts are all from the Scraptastic Club Centerfield kit. Fun stuff!

No comments: