Friday, May 29, 2015

A Tribal Gathering

This time of year the travel collections for scrapbookers seem to be everywhere. And that's not a bad thing! They are beautiful, colorful, fun, and make me think about traveling...and then the fact that I don't, not really. Sigh. 

It's a short-lived disappointment as I go through my photos trying to find something that I can scrap with the beautiful papers of Crate Paper's Journey collection. The tribal designs got me thinking, "I have a tribe. My family!" And the following page was born:


When I serendipitously captured the boys from my "tribe" gathered around the coffee table, I had no idea what they were discussing. I doubt they even remember. But it's the strong sense of togetherness that I wanted to capture. Sons, nephews, uncles, boyfriends...all sharing in conversation. Looked to me like the Great Tribal Summit of 2014!

I continued with the Native American tribal theme by piecing and stitching an arrow:


A dreamcatcher and USA map were fussy-cut from the journaling card paper and embellished with enamel dots and an arrow, pointing to the "summit's" locale.


I borrowed and multiplied Susan Stringfellow's idea for patterned paper teepee's SEEN HERE, and strung a banner across them with stickers from Crate Paper's Craft Market collection. It's pretty cool how colors and color schemes seem to flow across a manufacturer's collections like that!


Supplies from the Scraptastic STORE: Patterned Paper-(Crate Paper Journey Collection-Wander PaperQuest Paper, Let's Go Paper, Tribal Paper), Embellishments-(Craft Market Accent Sticker SheetSimple Stories Life Documented Enamel Dots), Alphabets-(Pebbles' Happy Day Woodland Chipboard Thickers, WeRMemory Keeper's Chipboard Thickers).

So, yeah, I may not be the world traveler I'd like to be, but that doesn't mean I can't find some pretty creative uses for the travel collections out there!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Awesome layout !