Tuesday, March 31, 2015

So Proud

My oldest son, intent on becoming a firefighter, worked exceedingly hard to make it a reality. When he graduated from the fire academy, we were so proud of him. And I was really happy to find that much of the experience was documented in photos and videos! The picture of my son and a fellow recruit giving thumbs up during tower drills is one of my favorites.


I started with a basic grid design and built up layers using additional papers and embellishments. The chalkboard quote, "He believed he could, so he did" originally read "she" not "he", but a black marker was an easy remedy! There were so many other great quotes and phrases, perfect for my page: "You are brave", Do what you love", "Just be happy", "Okie dokie":


Everything here is from Scraptastic's Good Day Sunshine kit and add-on. I particularly love the black lettering. Using the both the positives and negatives adds a fun twist to my title:


I stuck with only yellow, black and white papers from kit, and I love the bold and happy look! In fact, I love it so much so, that I've completed two more pages using the very same color combo. Check back tomorrow for one of those pages. :)



2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

That is amazing!
And such a great page, too! :)

Unknown said...

Love how you customized the quote card. Very clever. Love the energy of your page and congrats to your son for accomplishing his goal!