Monday, March 16, 2015

Loving The Cut Files

I love that cut files have become a Scraptastic kit staple, and I can't wait to see what's in store each month. This heart design was created for February's It Takes Two kit. But I found it to be so pretty with the soft pastel papers from the Counting Stars kit, and as this was my fourth page with the kit, it was oh so perfect for using up scraps.


The photos above are my engagement proofs, rescued, scanned and reprinted. It seemed to be tradition back then for the local newspapers to announce engagements with a photo of the bride-to-be. I had a photographer take my picture, and one was chosen. This was back before digital, so I had a grand total of four taken! 


I added a couple of leaf clusters at the top of the heart, along with watercolored flowers from the kit, using foam dots to pop the flowers off the page.


Along one edge of the heart, a scattering of enamel dots echo the soft colors of the page. Finally I brought in a bit of gold by adding a tag, embossed vellum, and doily, great for dressing up those old black and white photos.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are right, the cut file is perfect with the colors of the Counting Stars kit!

Four Proofs? LOL, oh the days before digital!!!

Kimberly Kett said...

This is so pretty, I love that heart!