Monday, February 16, 2015

Watercolored Resist Die-cuts

I got to make a little mess with this next layout. The page itself isn't messy, but my kitchen counter sure was after watercoloring the leaf cluster die-cuts and the resist die-cut heart and flower. I dabbed washes of color here and there, sloshed water around, wiped off some color, added more color, etc. Left behind were outlines of every die-cut in technicolor! But check out those flowers:


The soft colors of the papers and watercolored die-cuts are even more beautiful contrasting with the black and gold accents and lettering. Here are a few closeups: 




The papers naturally curled a bit when watercolored, but I really love the look! And no problem about the mess; watercolor washes off easily...with water. ;)

This page was created with Scraptastic's February Counting Stars kit and add-on. So pretty. 


3 comments:

Kerry said...

This page is so beautiful Madeline! Love the watercolour work of course and even more the design and awesome colours!

Kimberly Kett said...

I am loving what you've done with the water colours! I think I may need to try this!

Unknown said...

Love the coloring! I also like the way the paper curled, perfect!!