Saturday, February 21, 2015

This Happened!

I'm always trying to take pictures at his swim meets...either of the kids hanging around waiting for their events, or in the water doing their thing. But two things prevent a good photo:
  1. The lighting inside a gym or pool area is not the most advantageous for a decent well-lit shot. 
  2. It's hard to get a decent shot while trying not to be obtrusive! (You know...teenagers and all.) 
This one day everything worked together. My son and his teammate even hammed it up a little, putting on their serious game faces! This is what I got:


I scrapped it with layers and layers of patterned paper from the American Crafts' Dear Lizzy Serendipity collection. The softer shades of pink, mint, and yellow are colors that were pulled directly from my photo. 

First, I haphazardly matted the photo and placed it on top a trio of banners. Below this are two more patterned papers, one forming a pocket for the journaling tag:


Two small clusters accent the photo: one above,


and one below,


everything working in synergy. LOVE when this happens! 

SUPPLIES from the Scraptastic Store: Patterned Paper-(Dear Lizzy Serendipity-Good VibesLiz LemonSummer BreezeVery Vanilla, and With Love Papers); Die-Cuts-(Gossamer Blue On My Desk, Maggie Holmes Open Book); Flair-(Gossamer Blue On My Desk); Fabric Brad-(Maggie Holmes Open Book); Rub-ons-(Maggie Holmes Open Book), Alphabet-(American Crafts Thickers).

Oh well, I'm off again to another swim meet this afternoon. Wish me (and him) luck! ;)

2 comments:

Moira said...

What a great layout !!! Love the background pp, your layering and that pop of black for the title. The photo is amazing as well :) TFS

Kimberly Kett said...

LOL! Love the faces!! FANTASTIC layout, I'm so jealous of your layers, mine never turn out looking this good!