Tuesday, December 9, 2014

3D Adventure

This page was shared on the Scraptastic blog yesterday afternoon, so I thought I'd share it here as well.

We were on our way to experiencing another ride at Walt Disney World and I just had to snap a picture of my oldest son in 3D glasses. What a hoot! Don't let that face fool you; he's having fun. Star Tours, our 3D Adventure:


This page mixes papers from the Scraptastic Store, Gossamer Blue's On My Desk and Get Happy collections. Both have bold black and white prints, which look stunning against the other papers' vivid colors. To maximize the effect, I turned up one corner of the Be Bright paper to show the bright red underneath, as well as the sentiment "Get Happy" from the Happy Holiday Paper, which I glued to the back. Love the contrast, and the sentiment!

Here are a few closeups:

A trio of banners is held together with a Happy flair badge and grounds the title. Wood veneer stars hint at our adventure. ;)


What to do when there's a spot of emptiness on a page??? Add buttons of course. I found several in coordinating colors and they finish things off nicely.


Journaling tags hold the story of our eldest son and his off-kilter (with the rest of us) schedule.


This WAS vacation so we let the older kids determine their own schedules while at Walt Disney World. On this particular day, Brendan arrived just as 3 of our crew were ready to head back to the hotel. No worries. I, along with my eldest daughter, would accompany him through the park. We were the die-hards!

SUPPLIES: Patterned Paper (Gossamer Blue's Get Happy Collection-Be Bright and Happy Holiday Papers, On My Desk Collection-List Maker, Screensaver, Multitasker, and Daydreamer Papers), Die Cuts (Gossamer Blue On My Desk Gold foil Die Cuts), Enamel Stars (Gossamer Blue On My Desk Enamel Stars), Flair (Gossamer Blue On My Desk Badges), Wood Veneer (Heidi Swapp September Skies Wood Veneer), Chipboard Alphabet, baker's twine, and buttons.





No comments: