Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Remember This

Remember indeed! What I really need to remember is that photos with an overwhelming amount of blue can be scrapped without a single stitch of that color! I've been putting aside a lot of Kevin's swim team photos because I thought I didn't have papers with the "right" colors, but I was wrong. The layout, below, with not a single blue paper, becomes a study in contrasts, and I love it! 

Case in point: the bold orange dot paper and pink and red stripe are more vivid against the neutral background, white tags contrast with black, and because it has none of the aforementioned colors, the photo pops!


Everything on the page is from the November Shake It Off kit from Scraptastic, beginning with a pretty die-cut title. Patterned papers and puffy stickers from Gossamer Blue's On My Desk collection embellish it nicely: 


Here you can see a bit of the star cut file that I sliced up and tucked around the banners and tags:


More puffy stickers, rub-ons and a coordinating cut-apart add a happy little detail to the bottom of the page:


Yep...these kids are happy. And I'm happy to have realized that a blue photo does not require blue papers! ;)


3 comments:

Nine said...

Hi Madeline !
Gorgeous layout !
My name is from south of France and it means "little". (pronounce "neen")

Tracy said...

Your layout is amazing.
I would have been looking for papers with blue in it as well.
Beautifully done :)

Susanne said...

Nice page, love those staggered tags.