Monday, January 27, 2014

Let's Roll

It happens every December. While I am preparing the house for the holidays, shopping for presents, and celebrating with family, my photos are piling up! Then when the seasonal madness subsides, I find myself a bit overwhelmed. Returning to my scrap desk, I need a way to roll through some pages. That's when I return to some favorite all-purpose designs, such as the one used below. Scraptastic's Baby It's Cold Outside kit and add-on make it a breeze. 


A simple grid is defined by stitched lines surrounding punched squares of patterned paper. A title, a banner, and a bit of ephemera (ticket stubs) finish off this simple page. Done. Not every page needs to be complicated! Now back to that pile of pictures...

Do you have a favorite go-to design?


12 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a great grid layout!!
love the movie stubs!!

Anonymous said...

Love your grid design, those papers look great with your photo and the addition of the stubs is perfect!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is an awesome grid design, Madeline! I can see why it would be a go to design. Love how you tucked the movie tix in there too. Great touch!

Dictionary said...

Love the grid design, very cool. I don't have a favorite go to design, maybe I should would certainly make getting pages done a lot easier.

Mary Jo said...

Great design!!
I love the grid and the added ticket stubs.
I have a few favorite go to designs for sure!

Anonymous said...

Great layout! Love the grid design :)

craftykellyj said...

Love this simple design. My photos are already piled up. I really don't think there's any helping it. :) My go-to is mini albums, because you can make minis about anything really and stick a ton of photos in there!

Tammy said...

Love your design! You can always count on a grid, can't you?? :) Love how you added in the ephemera right on the page. Great layout!

Angela said...

Fun layout, great papers.

Patricia said...

What a fun page! Love this grid look!

Tanya Ham said...

I love this! I often do grids, but the stitching between is just wonderful! :) Love the colors and that Carta Bella collection, I've been using it for so many things! :) I am also VERY glad I'm not the only one who takes pics at the theater! :) :) Love it!

Susanne said...

Love the grid and the fact that it is stitched in red!