Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fall Colors?

Here in Louisiana, we have a different kind of fall, without the colorful show of leaves typical in other parts of the States. The cypress trees in my yard go from green to down-on-the-ground brown, while the live oak in the front yard remains green throughout the year! You won't find postcard pretty scenes of red, orange, and yellow, at least not in my neighborhood. So I decided to use the autumn color palette of Scraptastic's Home kit to scrap this photo of my son in a (very) orange shirt!



The "5 Great Things" ticket shaped sticker inspired my journaling, where I listed five great things about the day. Finally, the die-cut title was enhanced by writing over the letters using Chestnut Liquid Pearls...and a somewhat steady hand. ;) 


So there you go. See how the cacophony of warm colors in Scraptastic's Home kit worked perfectly for my out-of-season photo? I love it! 



14 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love the colors on this- awesome work

Sue Althouse said...

This is gorgeous! Our fall has come and gone, but it was very pretty.

Lisa Echerd said...

Great way to capture fall. Beautiful colors on a beautiful layout!

Tanya Ham said...

What a great page! I really like the colors you used! :)

Dictionary said...

You may not have fall colors in your yard but they certainly speak volumes on your page..love the lively colors on the page and those little feathers are a nice touch!

Anonymous said...

Great page! I love the colors and title work.

Becky said...

Love it!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful page, Madeline! Love it!

Monique Liedtke said...

What a fun page Madeline! Love how you did the title!

Mary Jo said...

Those colors would work great for a lot of photos of my son, too!
He loves orange :)

Such a nice bright colorful page!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to use those lovely warm colors, love your title and banner, too!

Susan Stringfellow said...

Perfect use for this kit and I love what you did with the title!

craftykellyj said...

I love that you used the colors for this photo. Perfect! And your handwriting is so pretty!

Bonjourscrap said...

Nice touch with the handmade feathers. Congrats on your steady hand, I do not have always one...