Friday, May 17, 2013

My Happy Place

What do you do with all those pretty tear strips at the ends of many paper collections today? I have a small stack of them on my desk! After falling in love with a couple of the very pretty strips on the Destination Unknown (Scraptastic May kit) patterned papers, I decided to put them to good use. By weaving a dozen such strips, I had a pretty accent for my page.


A majority of the strips in my weaving accent were either tear strips from the kit or similar sized strips cut from some of the kit's patterned papers. Supplemented with a few more strips from the pile on my desk, I had a colorful dozen which I wove together.

 The dark blue strip turned out to be a great place to tuck in one of those exclusive Scraptastic die-cuts!


A rectangular frame, filled with sewn on sequins, holds the letters spelling "pool", referring to my son's happy place, where I spent most of Mother's Day this year. Yes, I didn't realize it was Mother's Day when the meet schedule came out, and I failed to scratch him from the events that day. 

Oh well...when I was a child, the pool was my happy place too. :)


8 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

simply awesome!!!!!!

Mirabyll said...

Hello! What a lovely layout! I love the weaving, and especially that you have cut the strips like small banners at the bottom, what a wonderful detail! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a nice weekend!

Jingle said...

I love the woven paper strips! Such a gorgeous layout!

Izzy Anderson said...

Terrific layout. I love how you saved the paper strips and used them on your page. The weaving looks great. I ADORE the title work with the confetti and clear alphas!

Sylvie said...

Brilliant! I need to do this, too! Love the colours of this page. Pinning it!

Nirupama said...

This is just gorgeous. I love your mix of colors and letters. Those Heidi SWAPO letters are perfecr for the water. I am amazed at how organized you must be to keep all those strips. And, happy mothers day to you. I think a low key day is better anyway-avoid all the crowds.
Ps-thank you for sweet comments on my blog and two peas :))

Patricia Roebuck said...

This is just gorgeous! And those alphas are perfect with the theme.

Mary Jo said...

Very cool page!
I totally have a stack of those strips that I keep next to my paper trimmer :)