Monday, November 12, 2012

What We Call Fall

With the season-inspired Farmers Market kit from Scraptastic, I was determined to create a fall page, even though our fall photos show a season very different than that experienced by those of you to the north of us. This photo of my son in front of his school on an early fall day shows exactly what our fall is like around here...green grass and leafy trees. Thus my title was born:


Stacking the bingo cards provided a resting place for a few small embellishments.


TIP: The pop dots that give the green leaf a bit of added dimension serve double duty. The heart and flower pins are stuck into the foam dots, keeping them secure and protecting both pages and fingers from errant pokes and holes.



Flowers, little birds and a green tree are layered on and around the large letters of my title. They look particularly nice popped up with foam.

Funny thing, but in creating this page, I must have jinxed myself. We woke up to some frigid temps this past week. Not freezing mind you, but with lows in the 40s, high humidity and whipping winds, it was darn cold for us tender southern gals! I think I'm ready to hibernate until spring!




15 comments:

scrappymo! said...

No more jinxing...hope those cold winds blow away and your lovely fall returns!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh wow this layout is beautiful! the colors and design are perfect

Margareta Carlsson said...

Stunning page! I love all those cute details.

Tammy said...

Love this! I'm right there with you. Fall in the south is about feeling a nice breeze and not breaking a sweat two seconds out the door. :)

Steph said...

Beautiful layout! Love how you did FALL with the different patterned papers.

Barbara said...

I'm loving your page and this line. Fall is my favourite thing to scrap.

Danielle said...

Gorgeous page! I like the big title.

Jennifer Grace said...

I love that you've scrapbooked your kind of fall. Ours is a bit grey and drizzly!

The stacked bingo cards look great, I'm definitely going to try that with some I have sitting around in my stash... x

Anonymous said...

Love this page, clean, bright, sharp. Great work. TFS.

Fleursbydesign said...

Great page, love the stacked bingo cards and the large title

antenucci said...

Love your titlework - all the different fonts are great. Love how you stacked the bingo cards - what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

love this! it makes me smile - the title work, all the little bits, beautiful!

laura said...

Love the tied up bingo cards and the photo on the banner mat.

Susan Stringfellow said...

Fantastic, Madeline! I just love that you did a fall page with a REAL fall photo. Great photo too - that background is really nice.

Michelle said...

I love your fall page!!! Fall up here is only about 6 weeks long max before the cold sets in. We have a LONG winter (and cold), short everything else. I had to laugh at your "tender southern gals" comment. I tease Heather all the time about it. Anything below 70 and she says it is cold. LOL Personally, I prefer the heat and humidity to the cold.