Sunday, August 12, 2012

Celebrate Good Times

Creating starbursts out of patterned paper is a popular trend right now, one that I wanted to try myself. I had the perfect opportunity with the layout below. It seemed like such a great way to use the long patterned paper scraps left over from previous pages created with the kit. At first I set the page up with the starburst design at the top,


but it seemed too orderly, and I didn't know where to put my title. The thin white lettering that I planned to use would be lost over the colorful patterned paper rays. Turning the page sideways would leave me with a better place to put the title as well as more room for embellishments along the bottom...


especially after adding a rectangle of patterned paper and large doily. 


Finally my photo would have somewhere to rest:



It comes together little by little:


And eventually ends up like this:


I added chipboard letters, flowers and an envelope from my stash to complete this page. All of the patterned papers, stickers, chipboard banners, tags, and baker's twine are from Scraptastic's August kit, The Story Begins.

This is one of my favorite parts of the page:


Two of the chipboard banner pieces, covered with patterned paper, layered for a very dimensional looking addition to my title. It's a small detail but I love how it appears as if the banner is wrapping itself around the two hearts. 

Next Sunday I'll have another page with these pretty papers from Echo Park's Everyday Eclectic, and it's a Disney layout! 


15 comments:

scrappymo! said...

I think that banner with the hearts behind is my fave part.

Lea Lacoste said...

such a lovely layout, love this collection and what you did with it!!

Susan Stringfellow said...

very cool step by step of how this came together. I really love the doily over the top too.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Beautiful page! So nice to see how it all came together. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely LO, and always love when some one does a step to step!

Mary Jo said...

So cute!
Good call turning the page. Gives your page great movement horizontally with the tags on the other side for balance :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

just wonderful!!

Christina Collins said...

So lovely! I adore the colors and the title work.

Erica said...

I love this layout!! This line is about the only one with pink in it that I absolutely love!

laura said...

I love how you used the rays off to the side of te paper. Very cool.

April Michelle said...

looks great, thanks for sharing your step by step I love that

Sylvie said...

Beautiful! Love the effect of the rays to the side!

Anonymous said...

way to rock out this trend!!!

Alyssa said...

Ow, wow. I love how you show how this came together. It's lovely!

Unknown said...

Love this tutorial and the page !