Monday, July 23, 2012

Well Done

His first year at Christian Brothers was not easy! Many, many nights he was up late, once or twice until the wee hours. Homework was a bear. Kevin would come home from school, ride his bike a little while, get a snack and then get right to it. A short break for dinner and he was back at it again. He was so discouraged when he would just miss honor roll by the slightest each quarter. Finally he made it in the 4th, along with an award for Spanish. Way to go Kevin! But all that hard work truly paid off in his standardized test scores. He would rather have remained at his old school, but I think we made the right choice. The all-male faculty, P. E. every day, intramural sports and activities, and the advanced curriculum all make for a great boy's middle school. One more year at CBS and there's no doubt he will be well-prepared for high school. 

Here's my page, using a photo taken by one of the Brothers. I wish his teacher didn't have his back turned, but it's a pretty good shot of Kevin receiving his awards.

 

I started with a sheet of BasicGrey's Clippings and piled on a few scraps, ending with an old walnut-inked tag, a Clippings sticker and snippet, and wood veneer "potty people" from Studio Calico. The background paper had a nice little spot for a stamped title, so that's what I did! Well Done!

13 comments:

Elisa K said...

awesome layout. I love all the layers and the big "K". Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

You are so good at using bits and scraps and snippets. Love this page! I love the label for your stamped title too.

Fawn said...

Great layout! I love how you layered the embellishments.

Congratulations on having such a smart and diligent son. I'm sure your are bursting with pride.

Well done to both of you!

Danielle said...

Great layout! I love the photo. It is a nice shot of your son.

Mary Jo said...

He should be very proud!
Love that you documented it for him :)
Such a great layout!!

Christina said...

Great layout and I love the story behind-you must be very proud!

Sylvie said...

Lovely page! Love all the bits and pieces!

Unknown said...

Love this layout, all the bits and pieces are perfect!

Penny said...

Congrats to Kevin, I think he will do wonderfully in High School also! Beautiful layout btw! Love Penny

Deedee Horton said...

What a wonderful story and a beautiful layout!

corrie said...

Awesome page! I love the colors and your use of interesting papers. And way to go for your son!!

Susan Stringfellow said...

Good for him! Kevin has learned alot from his brothers and sisters, I have no doubt he will do great things. Love this page and the sweet photo.

laura said...

Love all the layers. Great photo.