Friday, June 15, 2012

The Waiting Game

We arrived at Hollywood Studios too early for our dining reservations on this our first day of our WDW vacation last year. But we didn't have enough time to do anything else, so we picked up Fastpasses for Rock 'N Roller Coaster and headed over to the Streets of America to chill. In the photo on this page, Kevin has his nose in the Disney Guidebook for kids. He read that thing cover to cover before the weeks preceding our trip and took it with him everywhere while we were there, determined not to miss a thing. While he read up on the attractions at Hollywood Studios, the rest of us began...The Waiting Game.

 

Of course I had to do a banner on this, the 4th page created with my build-it-yourself kit. It's the perfect solution when you have a bunch of bits and pieces.


It's a fun challenge to combine and arrange all the interesting tidbits that populate the banner...tickets stubs, cards, tags, flowers, buttons, charms, etc. I don't think I'll ever tire of creating these fun and trendy embellishments.

13 comments:

Patricia said...

Great banner- I love all the tags you used!

Margie said...

What a great way to use up scraps and tidbits!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Fun banner work and that photo has me laughing because we're heading to Disney soon and I can see my DD sitting and reading while we wait too. LOL! :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

super layout - love all the fun layers! just perfect

Loni said...

I love that banner and the subdued colors. They seem to happy for waiting, though - I hate waiting! J/K

Michelle McClure said...

At least one child didn't mind the wait. I love your banner, I never know what to do with all of my tags.

Lisa said...

Love the banner.

Nancy Thomas said...

Madeline, this is just gorgeous - love the banner with all the different shapes. That's a fun pic too!

Lisa said...

Awesome layout! Love the banner!!!

Mary Jo said...

This is fabulous, Madeline!
I love all of the banner work you have been doing!!!

Anonymous said...

love the tag banner! So clever!

TracieClaiborne said...

Love this!! My daughter also devoured that book before both of our trips. Love it!

laura said...

Don't you just love banners! Very cute page (Based on our last trip, I think I've given up on WDW dinner reservations, the food isnt that good in the long run).