Thursday, April 26, 2012

Start And Finish

Here's another look at how I start my pages...and a jump to the finished layout.

In this instance, I choose the photo first, and then amass a small stack of papers that I want to use. After picking my patterned papers, I throw on top any and all embellishments in the same theme or color scheme. A little washi tape, some journaling cards, several tags, borders strips, stickers, chipboard, etc. Only about 50% of what you see here, aside from the patterned paper, makes it onto the page.


It comes together slowly as papers are cut and items are tossed aside. The finished layout is a mix of papers from Echo Park, Crate Paper, October Afternoon and Studio Calico. An organized collage.


I seriously LOVE the viewmaster reels, from Echo Park's Note To Self collection. Lately they have taken the place of those mason jars from the Dear Lizzy line of papers. And potty people are still a favorite. I couldn't decide if I should paint them or not so they're naked. ;)


I wonder what my next obsession will be?! Cameras, perhaps? Do you have a favorite item that keeps showing up on your pages lately?

9 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh what a fun layout! love the echo park!!

Teka Cochonneau said...

Those reels are cool! I love how you made the layout stripes and used the wood SC paper to frame it up. Really adorable.

Hmmm.... Right now I am using a lot of rhinestones, mist and washi.

Katherine said...

Beautiful page - I love the reels too, and the cameras :)

Danielle said...

This is too cute! I love the view master dies.

Erica said...

I have several sheets of the brownie camera and the view master dies. My latest addiction is the Studio Calico Veneer in several styles. And flair. Those two things are always the first I pull out and I try to get them on the pages.

Erica said...

I have several sheets of the brownie camera and the view master dies. My latest addiction is the Studio Calico Veneer in several styles. And flair. Those two things are always the first I pull out and I try to get them on the pages.

Alyssa said...

Oh, fabulous page! Love it.

I am loving chevrons and hexagons at the moment. I do love those viewmasters, though, and have bought several sheets. I'm sure I'll use them on many layouts.

Anonymous said...

LOVE how this turned out! Cameras are showing up on my layouts a lot lately :)

Sue Althouse said...

Great page! It's fun to see how a pile of stuff ends up so artfully arranged. I always pull way more stuff that I ever use, too.