Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Banner Year!

I don't know about you, but I'm LOVING all the different banners that are populating scrapbook galleries lately, especially the ones with variously sized and shaped flags. When my friend posted Sketch #72 on her SketchSavvy Blog, I knew it would be fun to try my hand at one. I pulled out some papers from Crate Paper's Toy Box collection along with a handful of colorful scraps and got busy cutting out my flags. I must have moved them around a dozen times to find the arrangement that pleased me the most. But then the REAL fun began, sifting through my stash for all those miscellaneous badges, stickers, brads and such that would create an embellishment "cluster", running from one end of the page to the other. I can't wait to make my next banner!

We fell into a Monopoly kick over summer break...Spongebob Monopoly. Boardwalk was replaced by The Krusty Crab, and the "houses" were shaped like pineapples. When I took this picture of Kevin, he had just lost his last dollar. Oh well, what can you do? There's always tomorrow's game.


Patterned paper-Crate Paper (Toy Box collection) and miscellaneous scraps. Letter stickers-Making Memories, Doodlebug. Stickers-Crate Paper. Felt shape-Fancy pants. Other-brads, chipboard, metal tab.

No comments: