Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lollipop Flowers

The whole family, my sisters and brother, our spouses and kids, all dressed up as hippies for Mardi Gras this year. During a break in the parades, Kevin posed with his cousins and a friend, hamming it up for the camera. I scrapped the picture with cool papers from the Basic Grey "Out of Print" collection. After assembling the page, and scattering a dozen or so punched flower embellishments over the top, it just didn't seem complete. The little flowers were cute, but not substantial enough. "Hmmm..." I thought, "maybe I could make some of those lollipop flowers I'd been admiring on other people's pages!" And I did. Sooo easy. Instructions: Cut out circles of varying sizes from patterned paper. Ink edges. Wet edges slightly and bend upwards. Let dry. Layer and finish off with a button.

I'll be making these whimsical, fun flowers again!



Patterned paper-Basic Grey (Out of Print, Wander, and Oxford Collections). Edge punch, flower punch, dye ink, mini-brads, ribbon, and heart pins.

3 comments:

Heidi Smith said...

PERFECT papers! that is a great photo too! so fun. :)

Susan Stringfellow said...

You know - I haven't really done those flowers either and I need to give it a try. Fantastic job with the retro design and awesome contrast of colors. LOVE that photo

nancyburke said...

I think these papers were made for your photo, which, BTW, is so cute and happy! LOVE your flower clusters and hand-made pops!