Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vacation Get-Away

Finally, I scrapped a couple of photos from LAST year's beach vacation and they are two of my favorites! It was fun mixing patterns and colors on my page, Pit Stop. Along with a photo from inside the restaurant, I included another one of the sign out front. Its colors inspired papers that I chose. An old technique fave was revisited: painting, sanding, and antiquing chipboard. Pen-stitching gives everything a bit more dimension. Fun stuff! Supplies: Patterned paper-Basic Grey, October Afternoon, and Bella Boulevard, Letter stickers-Basic Grey, Chipboard letters-American Crafts, Chipboard accent-Jenni Bowlin, Postcard journaling card-October Afternoon, chipboard-Maya Road and more, bottlecap, label.



My son...and his quirky ideas! Kevin explained to us one day why certain birthdays are more special than others (in his mind). And it's mostly about being old enough for certain privileges. I've had the journaling on my desk for a couple of years and am finally getting it documented! LOVE how this number paper works here. It's also a good use for this random beach picture without going beachy. And, if you haven't noticed, bottlecaps are becoming my trademark accent. Love them! Supplies: Patterned paper and cardstock stickers-Cosmo Cricket, ticket-Jenni Bowlin, tags, and rubber stamps.

1 comment:

Nancy Thomas said...

I've eaten at that restaurant - it is a good pitstop. So happy to see your layouts - I've missed them! You add such great details.